Monday, February 17, 2014

[Review+Swatch] OPI Brazil Collection for Spring/Summer 2014


Hey all! It took me a few days to get this post together, but it's finally up. :) The bright colors in this collection have me really looking forward to spring and summer. It's so cold, I'm literally counting down the days till spring. In the meantime, take a look at these sizzling colors!


Red Hot Rio, 3 coats: red jelly-creme. It's a classic red with a lovely shiny finish. I got decent coverage in two coats, but did three to get it fully opaque.



Live. Love. Carnaval, 2 coats: bright coral creme. This color was a little streaky, but evened out nicely on the second coat. Otherwise, it has a great formula. I love how bright this color is!



Kiss Me I'm Brazilian, 2 coats: bright pink creme. No problems here!



Toucan Do It If You Try, 3 coats: coral-orange creme. Love this one! I'd say this one is almost like a neon-pastel hybrid. In fact, a lot of the brighter shades in this collection sort of have this vibe. It's hard to explain, but I like it.



Where Did Suzi's Man-go?, 3 coats: light orange creme. I'm a fan of this color as well. Like the color above, it very 'neon-gone-pastel.' There is minor streakiness in this color, but other than that, it applied easily and smoothly.



I Just Can't Cope-Acabana, 3 coats: bright yellow. It's bright, but a bit muted with a hint of pastel. It's a little streaky, but applies better than most yellows.



Amazon...Amazoff, 2 coats: deep green with blue undertones and very subtle shimmer. In fat, I thought it looked more like a creme in most lightings. I used two coats for my pictures, but you could get away with one thick coat. It's very pigmented, so I recommend using base coat with this one - just in case it's a stainer. Removal was okay; no smurf fingers. With the great formula and beautiful colors, this was easily my favorite from the collection.



OPI Scores A Goal!, 2 coats: dark red-brown creme with purple undertones. Look at that shiny finish!



I Sao Paulo Over There, 2 coats: brown-taupe creme. It's a nice medium-toned neutral. Perfect for work!



Taupe-Less Beach, 2 coats: light taupe creme. I love these types of taupes, especially when it has great coverage. No complaints with this one.



Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, 2 coats: pale nude-taupe creme with pink undertones. I love how soft and pretty this looks. You can't beat the two coat formula either.



Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, 3 coats: sheer grey base with purple shimmer and glittery silver/purple flecks. Application was okay on this one. The formula is on the thinner side, so it's a little harder to fully cover your tips. I think I could have benefited from another coat. Otherwise, I really like the micro glitters in here. :)


Verdict: I love this collection! It has brights, neutrals, and a pretty sparkly shade as well. A few of the shades had minor streakiness, but nothing a second or third coat couldn't take care of. For the most part, all of these had great formulas and beautiful shiny finishes. My favorites are Toucan Do It If You Try, Where Did Suzi's Man-go?, and Amazon...Amazoff. But honestly, there wasn't a color here I didn't like.

Availability: Brazil by OPI is now available for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) each at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)