Friday, January 24, 2014

[Review+Swatch] OPI Gwen Stefani Collection



Hey guys! It's already Friday - TGIF! Today I have swatches of the new Gwen Stefani for OPI collection. This collection features several different finishes, so there's something for everyone. There's also nail art at the end, so keep reading!


Love.Angel.Music.Baby, 2 coats: light-gold satin with a semi-matte finish. Usually I don't go for yellow-golds, but the satin finish really lightens this color up and makes it look elegant. It was also very opaque and easy to apply.



4 In The Morning, 3 coats: black satin with a semi matte finish. I love this one! It has some subtle silver shimmer running through it that keeps it from looking too dark or flat. So it's easier to pull off than a straight-up black creme. The formula was excellent as well, although I did find it sheerer than Love.Angel.Music.Baby.



In True Stefani Fashion, 1 coat over 4 In The Morning: glitter top coat with fine silver and holographic square glitters. This one is jam packed with glitter. I only needed one coat to cover my nails in sparkle. I had no problems with application either as the consistency was spot on.



I Sing In Color, 3 coats: vampy red gloss. This may be my new favorite vampy red. I usually find it very hard to get clean edges near the cuticles when it comes to vampy polishes. With I Sing In Color, application was flawless. It applied easily and the edges are pristine! Plus, it has a lovely glossy shine. Very pleased with this one. :)



Hey Baby, 2 coats: bright pink creme. It's your standard pink creme - easy to apply and very opaque.



Push and Shove, 2 coats: silver chrome. Push and Shoves come with a mini base coat called Lay Down That Base (see first picture). It's recommended that you use the two together, so that's what I did. I found the base coat a little thick, but manageable. Once it dried, Push and Shove applied easily over it with amazing opacity. It's actually passable in just one coat, but doing two will minimize brush strokes.

So yes, there are brush strokes. But, they're minimal. I'd say this is as good as it gets for a chrome finish. I even found that some parts of my nails were completely smooth without any brush strokes. I wore mine without top coat as recommended, but it probably won't last long without it. This was noted on the packaging as well: "Like all limited engagement events, Push and Shove is intended for One Night Only wear."

Note: My nails are fairly smooth without many ridges, so results may vary from person to person.



Over & Over A-Gwen, 2 coats: red creme. It's your standard red creme, but I like it. I have a weakness for glossy red cremes, and I'm always surprised by how much I like them. Even though red is a classic color, I rarely ever wear them on my finger nails. So it always feels fresh when I do wear them. This polish excels in both application and opacity. However, it is a bit of stainer during removal. It doesn't stain your nails, but it will get all over your fingers - just a warning.



Over & Over A-Gwen comes in a box with a little nail art kit. It includes Swarovski studs and crystals, a nail glue, and a pamphlet with nail art suggestions. I didn't follow the suggestions, but came up with a few simple looks of my own using the kit and the polishes in this collection. See them below!






Verdict: I love that this collection features a variety of finishes. While the colors aren't necessarily ground-breaking, they were all easy to apply with great opacity. I especially love the boxed kit with the Swarovski elements - too cute!

Availability: This limited edition collection is now available at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer. The boxed set including Over & Over A-Gwen and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS retails for $14.95 ($18.95 CAN).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)