Sunday, May 19, 2013

Couture de Minnie by OPI


Hi everyone!  I am, indeed, still alive. -.-  I meant to post more, but I kept holding off on collection reviews because I wanted to swatch them all at once.  Of course, it later occurred to me that I would have probably finished a collection by now if I had just reviewed one polish a day.  But I like having collection swatches in one post.  Lol.

For today, I have swatches of the new OPI Couture de Minnie collection.  Just like the last Minnie Mouse inspired collection, this one is composed of reds and pinks.


Chic From Ears To Tail, 3 coats: medium pink creme with very subtle clear shimmer.  I found this a little streaky and my brush kept dragging in the polish.  This one's a pass for me.  It's a fairly common pink, so I'm sure there are dupes with better formulas out there.




A Definite Moust-Have, 2 coats (opaque in 1): bright red-pink creme with barely there shimmer.  Super pigmented and buttery formula - what's not to love?



Minnie Style, 1 coat: clear base with red and white medium hexes.  Simple, but it's a classic Minnie inspired glitter.  It applies evenly in one coat - really, the application is a dream.  Here, I'm showing it to you over A Definite Moust-Have (above) and Chic From Ears To Tail (below).



Innie Minnie Mightie Bow, 1 coat: very pigmented red base with subtle red shimmer.  Wow, this is probably the most pigmented color in this collection.  It's very red and without-a-doubt-opaque in 1 coat.  I definitely recommend using base coat with this, since it may be a stainer.  Other than that, I think red lovers will be impressed.



Magazine Cover Mouse, 2 coats (opaque in 1): red jelly texture with red and gold sparkle.  My favorite from this collection, and the pigmentation is excellent as well!  It's kind of like a texture version of Zoya Reva...adore!


Verdict:  Except for the pink, all the reds were excellent in formula and pigmentation.  Most of these were one-coaters!  It doesn't get much better than that. :)

Availability:  Couture de Minnie nail lacquers each feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. Liquid Sand lacquers should always be worn without top coat. This limited edition promotion will be available beginning June 2013 at professional salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCP Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.

For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!

1 comment:

  1. I love that glitter topper, the colors in it are awesome! A Definite Moust-Have also looks amazing! I surprisingly like this a lot given it's an all pink/red collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)